Innovation language/model unconference
Now, it's time to take this further.
If you are an innovator, in any field, in any discipline, academic, consultant or any other form or format, we are seeking your ideas and input. We want to hold some one day events that allow those of you with the passion to accelerate the adoption and use of innovation to help design an innovation language, set of guidelines or whatever comes to mind.
This offer is open to anyone who is willing to come for a day, get involved, express their ideas and help shape the discussion and the outcome. So far we have two potential opportunities:
- June 16th: Boston Area. This will be aligned with Renee Hopkins and Andrea Meyer's Innobeer meeting. Currently we have about 10 people who have expressed interest. We'll need a location to meet.
- Late July: Chicago. We've had a location suggested and seven people have expressed interest.
- Sometime in the summer: London. We've had four or five people express interest.
- Other dates and locations if you will agree to support and/or offer a location.
- UPDATE (5/16) San Francisco looks like a possibility with several Bay area innovation practitioners indicating interest.
- UPDATE (5/16) We've had an offer of space in Vienna, Austria
- Let me know if you are interested in attending one of these events. Right now all we need is strong interest, no definitive commitments.
- Let me know if you are interested in hosting one of these events, or willing to schedule another one. Hosting will basically involve providing meeting space for hopefully 10-15 people for a day. No other investment is asked for - the unconference is meant to be free for everyone.
- Read the wiki and give us your comments and feedback
We need a critical mass of at least 10 people to make it worthwhile to hold these events. The concept is a full day meeting, defining a common innovation language, reference model, guidelines and anything else. We'll publish the results on the wiki for general use. Ideally we'll define some methods and models that simplify innovation and accelerate innovation adoption.
You may contact me if you have questions. Please let other people know about these meetings and have them contact me if they'd like to participate.